More than 95 percent of all motor vehicle accidents are caused (at least in part) by some type of human error*, and truck accidents are no exception. In fact, in many cases, this human error takes the form of truck driver negligence. When such negligence is to blame for causing truck accidents, it’s important that accident victims know that:
- They will likely have a claim against the truck driver and possibly even the trucking company that employs the negligent driver.
- They can obtain compensation for their medical bills, permanent injuries, lost wages, property damage, mental suffering and other losses by pursing a truck accident lawsuit.
- D. Chadwick Calvert is here to stand up for their rights, hold negligent truck drivers responsible for the damage they have caused and ultimately help injured parties obtain the settlements to which they are entitled.
How Truck Driver Negligence Can Cause Accidents
When truck driver negligence is to blame (even in part) for causing truck accidents, it can take many different forms, some of the most common of which may include (but are not limited to):
- Truckers operating trucks while intoxicated (with alcohol, prescription drugs, illegal drugs and/or over-the-counter medications)
- Truckers operating trucks while fatigued (This has been proven to be as dangerous as drunk driving, as driving while fatigued can slow truck drivers’ ability to recognize and properly react to changing driving conditions.)
- Truckers using their cellphones or otherwise being distracted while driving (Like driving while fatigued or intoxicated, distracted driving is another factor that can impair truck drivers’ reaction times.)
- Truckers violating federal and/or state trucking regulations by, for instance, failing to comply with federal hours-of-service regulations
- Truckers failing to properly inspect and/or maintain their trucks before going out on long hauls (or when they are required to according to federal trucking regulations)
- Truckers failing to fix equipment on their trucks that is obviously broken, compromised, run down or not working properly (like, for instance, trucks’ tires, brakes, indicators, etc.)
- Truckers overloading trucks and/or failing to properly secure truck loads
- Truckers violating common traffic laws by, for instance, failing to yield the right-of-way to other motorists, running red lights, cutting off other motorists, speeding, etc.
- Truckers operating commercial vehicles without a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Denver Truck Accident Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert: An Advocate for Victims’ Rights
At D. Chadwick Calvert LLC, our Denver truck accident attorney is dedicated to helping injured people get them the compensation they deserve. Since 1987, Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert has been working diligently to advocate victims’ rights at every stage of their case. He knows what it takes to take care of his clients, and he has a proven record of success when it comes to helping them secure the highest possible settlements for their injuries and losses.
When accident victims choose to work with D. Chadwick Calvert, they can trust that they are receiving the highest quality legal services. This is because D. Chadwick Calvert takes pride in providing personalized attention to each of his clients, providing them with honest answers and regular updates regarding the status of their case, and always giving them with upfront advice regarding their best options for resolving their case as beneficially as possible.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consult
If you have been injured in any type of truck accident, Denver Truck Accident Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert welcomes you to get more information about your rights and a professional evaluation of your case by setting up a free initial consult. You can contact our firm by calling (720) 457-9074 or by emailing us. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.
* According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
– See more at: http://dcclawoffice.com/denver-auto-accident-attorney/denver-truck-accident-driver-negligence-lawyer/#sthash.7QkiSrUj.dpuf