While many car accidents are caused by the reckless behaviors of drivers, in some cases, dangerous highways and roadway conditions can contribute to traffic accidents. When such dangerous driving conditions cause car accidents and can be attributable to the negligence of some party, Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert is here to help accident victims obtain the justice and settlements they need and deserve.
How Negligence Can Contribute to Dangerous Highways and Roadway Conditions
Some ways in which negligence may create dangerous roadway conditions and, as a result, increase the risk of car accidents can include when:
- Engineers design highways and roads that are inherently unsafe (because, for example, the roads are not wide enough, are not structurally sound, etc.).
- Construction crews fail to construct highways and roadways according to the specific design specifications.
- Construction crews fail to set up clearly marked detours, allow construction equipment or debris to clutter the roadways and/or otherwise fail to safely run construction sites on or near the road.
- The cities, counties or other parties responsible for maintaining safe roads do not live up to their obligation. Specifically, this can result in:
- Roads, especially those that are curvy or are elevated, not having guardrails.
- The lanes of roadways not being clearly or properly marked out.
- Roads lacking enough lighting at night and/or functioning signals.
- Roads lacking appropriate signs (such as warning signs of upcoming crosswalks or railroad crossings).
- Signage on roads being obscured from motorists’ view (by, for example, overgrown trees).
- Roads being plagued by potholes, uncovered manholes, significant cracks, etc.
- Debris, like wreckage from car accidents, garbage, animal carcasses, etc., being left in the road.
When dangerous road conditions cause car accidents, D. Chadwick Calvert is ready to take decisive and effective action on behalf of accident victims. While this means that he will help them build the strongest possible cases against the negligent party, it also means that he will advocate their rights both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Denver Car Accident Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert
At D. Chadwick Calvert LLC, our Denver car accident attorney is dedicated to helping people and doing whatever it takes to get them the compensation they deserve. Since 1987, Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert has been working diligently to:
- Stand up for victims’ rights
- Take care of his clients
- Help them obtain the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses.
While D. Chadwick Calvert is a skilled and experienced trial lawyer, his commitment to his clients does not end in the courtroom. He is also a highly effective negotiator who can help accident victims stand up to insurers, defense lawyers and others during settlement talks, and he will not back down until our clients are able to obtain the best possible resolutions to their cases.
Along with his legal skills and knowledge, D. Chadwick Calvert is committed to providing each of his clients with the highest quality of legal services. This means that he takes pride in providing personalized attention to each of his clients and that he never passes cases off to new associates or assistants.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a traffic accident that may have been caused by dangerous highways or roadways, Denver Car Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert encourages you to get more information about your rights and entitlements by setting up a free initial consult. You can contact our firm by calling (720) 457-9074 or by emailing us. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.
– See more at: http://dcclawoffice.com/denver-auto-accident-attorney/dangerous-highways-auto-accident-lawyer/#sthash.fCWTckSu.dpuf