Construction sites are notorious for their potential for causing serious accidents and injuries, and one of the many types of catastrophic events that commonly occur at construction sites are construction truck accidents. When these types of accidents occur:
- The injuries can result in severe, if not permanent or potentially life-threatening, injuries.
- The negligence of some party – such as a construction worker, a construction company, etc. – is often a factor in causing the accident.
- It’s important for injured parties to remember that they have rights and that they will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses.
- D. Chadwick Calvert is here to defend victims’ rights and help them obtain the settlements to which they are entitled.
How Negligence May Cause Construction Truck Accidents
When negligence is to blame (even in part) for causing construction truck accidents, it can take a variety of forms, some of the most common of which may include:
- Truck operators not being properly trained to operate construction vehicles
- Truck operators being intoxicated, fatigued and/or distracted when operating large construction vehicles
- Construction companies failing to properly maintain these vehicles
- Construction companies failing to set up warning signs to alert workers (or others) that vehicles are likely passing through various areas of the site
- Construction companies failing to issue the appropriate personal protective gear to workers (such as helmets and reflective vests)
- Vehicle equipment manufacturers failing to safely design and/or properly manufacture truck equipment (like, for instance, trucks’ tires, brakes, steering systems, etc.).
Vehicles Commonly Involved in Construction Truck Accidents
Some of the specific types of construction trucks that are commonly involved in accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Backhoes and compactors
- Concrete trucks
- Bulldozers and tractors
- Cranes and forklifts
- Dump trucks
- Drillers and tillers
- Graders and excavators
- Skidders and scrapers.
Denver Construction Truck Accident Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert
The Denver construction truck accident attorney at D. Chadwick Calvert LLC is committed to championing accident victims’ rights and doing whatever it takes to get them the compensation they deserve. Since 1987, Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert has been working tirelessly to take care of his clients, and he has a proven record of success when it comes to helping them obtain the highest possible awards for their injuries and losses.
While D. Chadwick Calvert is a skilled trial lawyer, his commitment to his clients does not end in the courtroom. He is also a highly effective and experienced negotiator who can help accident victims stand up to insurers and others during settlement talks, and he will not rest until victims are able to obtain the best possible outcomes to their cases.
At D. Chadwick Calvert LLC, we are dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal services. This means that our clients can rest assured that their case will receive the personal attention it deserves and that they will always be kept up to date with the latest developments in their case.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a construction truck accident – or in any type of truck accident, Denver Truck Accident Attorney D. Chadwick Calvert welcomes you to get more information about your rights by attending a free initial consult. You can call us at (720) 457-9074 or email us using the form at the upper right-hand side of this page. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.
– See more at: http://dcclawoffice.com/denver-auto-accident-attorney/denver-construction-truck-accident-lawyer/#sthash.eh3rgVkT.dpuf